Join our team!
Senior / Chief Engineer
- Conduct thorough detailed review of all internal work products and client deliverables (e.g. plans, specifications, estimates, permitting documents, bid documents), ensuring consistency among all submittal components
- Oversee and provide input on preliminary and final design of all aspects of various multi-modal transportation project deliverables
- Self-perform more complex design and analysis tasks associated with multi-modal transportation improvement projects
- Serve as a technical mentor and provide design guidance to junior staff in performing engineering calculations and preparing environmental permitting documents
- Update and maintain technical resources and communicate new standards, directives and practices with the team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Through responsible autonomy, manage individual tasks and assignments
- Dedication to consistency and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Bluebeam is a plus
- Quality control review of all project deliverables and design elements
- Support Project Managers in presentation of technical material at public, client and agency meetings
- Develop and implement ongoing technical training program for transportation design staff
- Personal growth and professional development as a service area technical lead
- BS degree in civil engineering or related field
- 10+ years of transportation engineering/design experience
- Licensed PE in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, or ability to obtain through reciprocity
- Strong QA/QC background
- Extensive knowledge of AASHTO, MassDOT and NHDOT design manuals, standards, and procedures
- Prior experience managing transportation projects for MassDOT and/or NHDOT is a plus
Our team is enthusiastic and works hard to improve the communities where we live, work and play. Our work environment is inclusive, transparent, challenging and rewarding. Our strength is our team and we invest in our team with industry-leading benefits to help balance our financial, social and personal goals.
We keep it fun and stay connected to each other and our communities. If that sounds like you, visit our Careers page to learn how to join the team.
How can we help?
© TEC, Inc. All rights reserved.